Year 3 Homework
Spellings are given to children every Monday and they are tested on the Friday of the same week. Children are encouraged to use a variety of strategies to help them learn their spellings.
Week beginning 30.10.2023
The spelling words this week are a range of common words which are often spelt incorrectly. Blue group and green group have the same spellings. Yellow group have some spellings which are also the same.
Week beginning 06.11.2023
Week beginning 13.11.2023
Week beginning 20.11.2023
Week beginning 27.11.2023
Week beginning 04.12.2023
Week beginning 11.12.2023
In Maths we will continue with our topic from last term - Addition and Subtraction. We are learning how to add and subtract using column addition and subtraction. Sometimes we need to exchange across a 10 and/or 100 when doing this. Next week we will be starting a new topic - multiplication and division.
More information about our maths work can be found on the 'Year 3 Key Topics' page.
It would be very beneficial for children could practise their times tables regularly - little and often is the best way. In Year 3 children are expected to know their 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 and 10 times tables.
Websites to help learning times tables include:
- Top Marks - https://www.topmarks.co.uk/Search.aspx?q=times%20tables
- Mathletics - https://login.mathletics.com/
- Maths Games - https://maths-games.org/times-tables-games.html
- Timestables.co.uk - https://www.timestables.co.uk/
- Tommy's Trek - https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/318/Tommys-Trek-Times-Tables
Children are strongly encouraged to read at home. Like times tables, reading little and often is a good way to increase fluency and understanding of text.
Here is a recommended reading list for Year 3:
Home Learning - To support learning at home
- Year 3 Autumn term block 1
- Year 3 Autumn term block 2
- Year 3 Autumn term block 3
- Year 4 Autumn term block 1